Information for children learning from home on the week beginning 12th July (last week of Summer term). Here are some ideas/activities for learning during this week:
- Reading, spellings, timetables practise (using TT rock stars)
- Oak Academy https://classroom.thenational.academy/subjects-by-key-stage has learning linked to the different years group curriculum.
- For Year 1 to Year 6 - go onto Seesaw to check if there is any homework yet to complete.
- Use the Government of Jersey Learning from home website for ideas about learning Click here to see the website
Other activities include:
- Bake together at home. Follow a recipe, think about weighing and counting ingredients.
- Find out more about a topic your child is interested in e.g. dinosaurs, plants.
- Try a physical activity like creating an obstacle course in your garden. You could even do a Joe Wicks workout.
- https://www.pobble365.com - this contains fantastic photos and writing opportunities and there is a different focus each day.
‘Learning At Home’ is a website created by the Government of Jersey Department for Children, Young People Education and Skills and it can be found by following this link: https://learningathome.gov.je/
The website aims to work alongside schools to support parents with information about learning and school life; the ‘Latest Updates’ section helps parents to know about key events occurring in Education or in partner organisations across the Island.
The website now includes suggested learning resources for parents to use with their children, some parental guidance and information, as well as engaging activities to enjoy together at home.
Mrs Jenny Posner and Mrs Karen Cooper are the Designated Safeguarding leads. If you have any concerns at any point, please contact them on 01534 851812 or via email (email@example.com).